Re: [ns] Strange behavior in NS

 I already encounter such a behavior with FQ queues.
 But, I don't remember the details.
 My (stupid?) fix was to write the nam output toward a unix sink
 (/dev/null).
 That avoids the very large nam files when not needed, and let the
 simulation run.

 You can perhaps find something in the ns mailing list archive.

 Arnaud.

> Thierry Ernst wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I sometimes have bugs in my simulations and I never found out what was
> > going on.   For instance,  I have a segmentatin fault when I run NS with
> > some parameters without NAM output, but I don't have this segmentation
> > fault with exactly the same parameters and random seed numbers when NAM
> > output is on.
> >
> > I would like to know if someone on this list who extensively uses NS has
> > already encoutered such weird things ?
> >
> > Thank you for your feedback,
> > Thierry

Arnaud Legout, Ph.D.

Castify Networks                Phone : 00.33.4.92.94.20.91
2229, route des Cretes          Fax   : 00.33.4.92.94.20.88
06560 Sophia Antipolis          E-mail: [email protected]
FRANCE                          Web   : http://www.castify.net