also known as
Friday Prayer Breakfast
Big bagel at Joel Goldberg's last FPB as Cruise Director, June 30, 2012 knives shown for scale, each over 12" long).
Custom bagel by Manhattan Bread and Bagel.
Photo by Joe Touch, Copyright 2012 (all rights reserved).
About the FPB
- The FPB is a weekly gathering of bagels, friendly conversation, and Fry's advertisement perusal.
FPBs are 10:00-10:30am, Fridays during regular USC/ISI workdays.
Location: 11th floor "break room" (room 1174). The room is on the interior side of the west hallway on 11 near the elevators.
All are welcome!
- Surplus (leftovers) are usually left in the 11th floor North kitchen.
- Announcements of who is hosting and changes of location are posted to firstname.lastname@example.org and (hopefully) posted to the door of 849; contact Craig Milo Rodgers to become a member of that list. NOTE: such announcements often occur between 9 and 10am on the Friday of the FPB itself.
How to Participate
- Attend (all are welcome)
- Become a host - all are encouraged to become FPB Hosts - just drop Craig, the Cruise Director, a line
Instructions for FPB hosts
The going bagel quantity seems to be somewhere around one dozen these days. Quantities of cream cheese, tomatoes, etc to match. Other goodies to suit your appetite and/or personal preferences. Click here for a sample list.
For the new hosts (novices??), note that there are no assigned roles; you and your partner agree to split the job and cost however the two of you want. If you want to send a message, send it to email@example.com. The primary function of the message is the identification of the hosts, for the benefit of those who would care to thank their weekly bagel pusher.
We are working to get a locking cabinet in the 11th floor north kitchen; in the meantime, there are some knives that Joe Touch keeps in his office (see Alba or Jeanine for access).
- On the day of the FPB, if the location is NOT the usual place (1174), post an note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and if possible leave a paper note on the door at 1174 indicating the location for that day.
- Leftovers are often left in the 11th floor kitchen. Please remember to cleanup or dispose of the leftovers before departing for the weekend ;-)
- The ISI FPB Cruise Director is currently Craig Milo Rogers
He took over July, 2012 from Joel Goldberg, who ran it since at least 1992 until his retirement from ISI. He still attends FPBs occasionally though.
Joel (stage name "J. Fred"), seen here with FBP regular Steve Garroway
He took over the task from Chloe Holg, who initiated the FPB in the late 1970s.
- The original location was the East (back) hall on the 11th floor.
The location was moved to the 11th floor "small" conference room since before 1992.
The location was moved to the 8th floor "multipurpose room" (room 849) January 30, 2004 due to renovations of 11-small.
The location was moved to the 11th floor "break room" (room 1174) August 19, 2011 due to renovations of 841.
The location was moved to the 11th floor "break room" (room 1174) on August 12, 2011 due to renovations in 849.