Re: installing ns on win95

> Firstly, is it necessary to modify the "makefile.in" file found in the
> directory containing source files for tclcl and ns?  When the pathnames in
> "makefile.in" are successfully modified should "makefile.vc" run?  I
> question whether or not this step is necessary since on the download page
> for ns it is mentioned that only "makefile.win" in the  "\conf" directory
> should be modified.

It's not. Makefile.in is used only by configure and is NOT useful under
win32. What you should modify is ~ns/conf/makefile.win, which contains
pathnames to your vc stuff and tcl/tk/otcl/tclcl.

In the most recent release, the tcl/tk/otcl/tclcl pathnames in
makefile.win are WRONG. You hsould append version numbers to otcl/tclcl,
and since tcl/tk put their built files under win/Release, you should make
sure that their paths in makefile.win are correct.

In this release, you should also change makefile.vc a little bit, because
it's not synchronized with changes in Makefile.in. I remember that you
need to add a couple of .o files, and change the ptypes2tcl lines to:

$(GEN_DIR)ptypes.cc: ptypes2tcl.exe packet.h
        .\ptypes2tcl.exe > $@

ptypes2tcl.exe: ptypes2tcl.o
        $(LINK) $(LDFLAGS) $(LDOUT)$@ ptypes2tcl.o

- Haobo