[ns] install problem

hello everybody,
I am new to ns. I have installed ns-allinone-2.1b7a on Red Hat Linux 7.1 but when i run the example from Mark Greis' tutorial by nam template.tcl i get the following errors !!m can someone help me to fix this
 Cannot connect to existing nam instance. Starting a new one...
Failed to start animator:
class Animator: constructor failed: unmatched open brace in list
unmatched open brace in list
    while executing
"foreach item $traceevent {
if { $next == 1 } {
return $item

}
if { $item == $tag } {
set next 1
}
}"
    (procedure "get_trace_item" line 3)
    invoked from within
"get_trace_item "-t" $line"
    (procedure "_o3" line 9)
    (Animator infer-network-model line 9)
    invoked from within
"$self infer-network-model $tracefile"
    (procedure "_o3" line 84)
    (Animator init line 84)
    invoked from within
"_o3 init template.tcl {}"
    (Class create line 1)
    invoked from within
"Animator create _o3 template.tcl {}"
    invoked from within
"catch "$className create $o $args" msg"
    (procedure "new" line 3)
    invoked from within
"new $ANIMATOR_CLASS_ $tracefile  [join $args"

http://bol.rediff.com

http://bol.rediff.com