[ns] Traffic Volume

Hi..

Please help me.
I'm trying to simulate my new protocol in ns.
The topology is composed of 100 nodes. (transit-stub topology made by
GT-ITM)

I have to make the background traffic similar to the real Internet traffic
pattern.
I decides the proportion of flows, packets and bytes attributed to major
protocols.
(refer to "A prameterizable methodology fot Internet traffic flow
profiling - Kimberly C. Claffy, Hans-Verner Braun, George C. Polyzos")

But I don't know a volume of the traffic.
What is a reasonable traffic quantity(Mbytes) for some units of time  in
100-node transit-stub topology.

Is there any paper of reference?

It will be a great support for me if you give me little tip.

Thanks....